GoldCoastLady

Friday, November 15, 2013

When Expertise Escapes You, Call in Reinforcements...

How Leveraging your relationships to create value for your online community!

Have you ever heard that old saying, "If the shoe fits, wear it" I have been wearing that shoe a lot, lately. I can't always seem to figure out how I get myself into these fixes, but I do. Maybe it's called a heart too big. Whatever the case may be, here is how it began.

Last week, a very dear friend called me with a problem. Her problem was one I couldn't solve. A friend of a friend needed help upgrading to a newer version of software that was no longer supported by the software company. She gave them my information, and they gave me a call. I wanted to help them, I swear I did. But I couldn't. This is often a limitation of being an expert at certain things, and not a generalist with many.

Luckily for her, I had an expert in my back pocket who could proficiently handle this complex upgrade. So that leads me to 3 things to remember about creating value for your clients and their friends!

1. Your referrals are just as valuable to them as your advice! This is why I am loving some #FF aka follow Fridays on Twitter! This gives me a chance to showcase my favorite and most trusted network of connections for introduction to my valued followers.

2. Your referees are a major tool to keep in your arsenal! My best question for you is this: Are you a brand ambassador? If not, you might want to consider it! Recognizing good stuff and showing the love creates good will in every direction!

3. Your referrers are a mixed bag of both of these! I love my clients, but I also love my brand ambassadors. Many times, they are strategic partners who don't use my services, but understand their value to their own clients. Make sure you develop these and know who they are! This should be an important part of your strategy!

Leverage will serve you well in the long run! Incorporating and Comprehending their value in your relationship strategy can move you into a new level of esteem. Make sure you plan for how long you want to run!


No comments:

Post a Comment